short banner

Transfer Students

Transfer of Degree Programs

If students decide to change degrees from undergraduate to masters, they will need to provide a letter of acceptance to the new program so that their SEVIS record can be updated.

Transferring to Another University

If students wish to transfer from our university to another they need to:

  1. Bring an acceptance letter from the new university to the Director of International Programs and
  2. Obtain a transfer form from the new school and have the Director of International Programs complete it.
  3. Once the first two requirements have been met and as long as you have a zero balance on your account at UC, the University will transfer your record.
  4. Meet with the DSO at your new school to ensure that all paperwork is in order.

If they have always maintained status while studying the University of Charleston, they should have no problem transferring to a new school.  If they have not maintained status, they may have to apply for reinstatement.


Contact Information

Elizabeth Slack
Director of International Programs
International & ESL Programs
University of Charleston
2300 MacCorkle Avenue SE
Charleston, WV  25304

Office Location & Hours