Tuition and Fees
The standard undergraduate tuition rate does not apply to students who matriculate into the UCPAP. The following table outlines the expected total PA program tuition and fees based on the rate of tuition and estimated fees that will be applied for the 2019-2020 academic year. It should be noted that tuition and fees can change from year to year subject to economic influences, the needs of the University, and needs of the Program. Other university service fees may also apply (e.g. parking, activity fee, graduation).
|Spring Semester – Year One||$12,020||*$1787.00|
|Summer Semester – Year One||$12,020||$455.00|
|Fall Semester – Year One||$12,020||$455.00|
|Spring Semester – Year Two||$12,020||$455.00|
|Summer Semester – Year Two||$12,020||$455.00|
|Fall Semester – Year Two||$12,020||$455.00|
|Spring Semester – Year Three||$12,020||$455.00|
|Total Tuition and Fees||$88,657
*$1,332 will be added as a course fee in the first semester for a Macbook Air.
- Payment: Payment for tuition and fees for all courses within a semester are due at the beginning of the semester.
- Application Fee: For each application cycle prospective candidates will be charged a $50 application fee which is nonrefundable. This fee is waived for current UC students.
- Enrollment Deposit: All applicants accepted into the program will be charged a $500 nonrefundable deposit to hold their seat. A second deposit of $500 is due on November 1. This money will be applied toward their first semester tuition upon matriculation.
- Refunds: All program fees are nonrefundable. Tuition refunds are made as follows (applies to all semesters):
- A 100% refund will be provided to students who withdraw by the first day of scheduled classes for the term less the nonrefundable tuition deposit(s).
- A 90% refund will be provided to students who withdraw on the second and third calendar day of scheduled classes.
- A 50% refund will be provided to students who withdraw on the fourth, fifth, and sixth calendar day of scheduled classes.
- No refunds will be provided to students who withdraw after the sixth day of scheduled classes.
Program Required Expenses
The table below includes estimates of additional expenses incurred by students.
|Books and Supplies||$1,800|
|Scrubs and Lab Coat||$200|
|AAPA Membership (1)||$75|
|WVAPA Membership (2)||$10|
Other expenses are estimated in the table below.
|Room (Campus Apts)||$31,500|
|PA National Certifying Exam Fee||$475|
For more information, please see the National Health Service Corp Scholarship.
The majority of University of Charleston PA students finance their education through student loans. The University of Charleston Financial Aid Office has loan details. In addition, there are scholarships for matriculated students available that can help defray the costs of attending the Program.
Available to all students who qualify