PA Performance Data
|Class of 2018||Class of 2019||Class of 2020||Class of 2021|
|Maximum entering class size (as approved by ARC-PA)||30||30||30||30|
|Entering class size||30||30||30||30|
|* Attrition rate||0||3%||13%||0|
*Attrition rate calculation: Number of students who attritted from cohort divided by the entering class size.
**Graduation rate: Number of cohort graduates divided by the entering class size.
PANCE Performance Data
Program Goal Assessment
The goals of the University of Charleston PA Program are to:
- Prepare students to competently provide medical care in the primary care setting
- Our curriculum is designed from a primary care perspective. Student learning activities, such as lectures, team-based and problem-based learning activities, community outreach projects, and standardized patient encounters prepare students to evaluate and manage patients in a primary care setting.
- Foster a commitment to medically underserved populations
- We provide a Rural Medicine course that provides a foundation in principles of medicine in rural Appalachia. The course helps prepare students to work in medically underserved areas.
- Students are required to complete at least one clinical rotation in a rural area. This provides experiences in medically underserved areas and provides students with opportunities to interact, and develop relationships, with a diverse group of patients in these areas.
- Promote active participation in the community
- Each semester throughout the program, students are required to participate in various community service activities.
- Prepare students to assume leadership roles within the PA profession
- Students are given the opportunity to hold leadership roles in the University of Charleston Physician Assistant Student Association (UC PASA).
- We encourage membership and participation in state and national PA organizations.
- Cultivate an environment that encourages student involvement in supporting and sustaining the University of Charleston PA Program following graduation
- Students and graduates are permitted to serve on program committees.
- Graduates have assisted with interviewing prospective students
- After gaining clinical experiences as a practicing PA, graduates have been utilized as adjunct instructors.