An important step in the application process is a personal interview with UC Physician Assistant Program faculty.
Candidates will participate in a two-part interview process – a virtual Multiple Mini Interview (MMI) and a virtual group interview. We will host multiple Zoom Interview Days during which qualified applicants will participate in both interviews consecutively.
The modified interview process is outlined below:
- Applicants who qualify for an interview will receive notice via email informing them that they have qualified for an interview. Interview assignments will also be sent via email.
- Multiple Mini Interviews – Interviewees will receive a Zoom invitation for a meeting that spans the entire MMI interview process. Interviewees should log in 5 minutes prior to their assigned time and remain in the waiting room until the host allows them into the meeting. Please DO NOT log into the meeting more than 5 minutes prior to your scheduled interview time.
- Group Interview – Interviewees will receive a separate Zoom invitation for the group interview. During the group session interviewees will be given a problem-scenario in which they must utilize teamwork to determine a course of action.
- The UCPAP Admissions Committee will utilize a rolling admissions process to select the class matriculating in January 2023. Admissions decisions will be made on a rolling basis once applicants have participated in the online interview process. Applicants will be notified of selection results on an ongoing basis and will be notified of the committee’s final decision no later than September 2023.
- Interview appropriate attire is expected for both panel and group interviews. For information on how to prepare for an online interview, please watch the following video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRQDL9HQErk
- NOTE: All interviews will be conducted on Eastern Daylight Time.