University of Charleston

University of Charleston

For more information about military benefits at UC, contact Frank Bowyer, Director of Military Services at 304-352-0052 or For information on federal financial aid programs, contact Christie Tomczyk at or 304-357-4944.

Complete the Military Enrollment Form for the University of Charleston.

For assistance with Tuition Assistance or Veteran’s Benefits, email and one of our military support team members will follow up with you.

Army Tuition Assistance

Marines Tuition Assistance

Navy Tuition Assistance

Apply for VA educational benefits here.

  • Form 22-1990 is completed for those students with military service
  • Form 22-1990e is completed for those students who have had benefits transferred to them (TOE, DEA).




If you have exhausted your service branch Tuition Assistance/VA benefits, your semester charges exceed eligible military benefits, or otherwise need financial assistance beyond the TA/VA benefits you receive, you may be eligible for additional federal or state aid in the form of grants (i.e. Pell) or student loans. Completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) will determine your eligibility for these programs.

The University of Charleston also offers institutional aid in the form of military discounts for certain degree programs/courses and institutional scholarships for full-time in-seat programs on our Charleston campus. Contact our Office of Financial Aid at 304-357-4944 for more information and assistance.