For more information about military benefits at UC, contact Frank Bowyer, Director of Military Services at 304-352-0052 or email@example.com. For information on federal financial aid programs, contact Christie Tomczyk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 304-357-4944.
Apply for VA educational benefits here.
- Form 22-1990 is completed for those students with military service
- Form 22-1990e is completed for those students who have had benefits transferred to them (TOE, DEA).
- VA Form 22-1990 (Application for VA Education Benefits)
- VA Form 22-1990E (Application for Family Member to Use Transferred Benefits)
- VA Form 22-1995 (Request for Change of Program or Place of Training)
- VA Form 22-5490 (Chapter 35: Dependents’ Application for VA Education Benefits)
- VA Form 22-5495 (Chapter 35: Dependents’ Request for Change of Program or Place of Training)
If you have exhausted your service branch Tuition Assistance/VA benefits, your semester charges exceed eligible military benefits, or otherwise need financial assistance beyond the TA/VA benefits you receive, you may be eligible for additional federal or state aid in the form of grants (i.e. Pell) or student loans. Completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) will determine your eligibility for these programs.
The University of Charleston also offers institutional aid in the form of military discounts for certain degree programs/courses and institutional scholarships for full-time in-seat programs on our Charleston campus. Contact our Office of Financial Aid at 304-357-4944 for more information and assistance.