Learn more about the leadership team at UC
Meet President Marty Roth
Dr. Martin S. Roth became President of the University of Charleston in July 2018. As a higher education leader, Roth has spent the past 30 years helping universities excel by focusing on the talent acquisition and development needs of students and organizations.
Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer
Executive Vice President and Provost
Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
Executive Vice President of Enrollment Management
Vice President and Director of Athletics
Vice President for University Development
Vice President, Dean of Students & Title IX Compliance Coordinator
Vice President of Communications & Marketing
The Board of Trustees is the governing body of UC, responsible for the educational mission and fiscal policies for the University.
- Patrick C. Graney III Board Chairman, Chairman, One Stop LLC
- Becky Ceperley, Board Secretary, Executive Director, West Virginia Independent Colleges and Universities
- John Barrett, Attorney, Bailey & Glasser, LLP
- Ben Beakes, Founder and Managing Member, Three Point Strategies, LLC
- Bobby Blakley, Regional President, BB&T
- Michael Cary, Attorney, The Cary Law Office
- Kimberly Dickerson, Managing Director, Protiviti
- Fonda Elliot, Community Leader and Co-Founder, AMFM Nursing and Rehabilitation Centers
- Jennie Ferretti, Attorney, George & Lorensen, PLLC
- David W. Gallagher, Retired Business Executive
- Nettie Horne, Esq. Retired, Lockheed Martin Corp.
- Jim Hoyer, Major General, West Virginia National Guard
- Charles Jones, President and CEO, Amherst Madison
- Dr. Russell Kruzelock, Executive Director and CEO, WV Regional Technology Park
- Bernard Layne, III Esq., Mani, Ellis & Layne, PLLC
- Rebecca McPhail, President, WV Manufacturers Association
- Mark E. Miller, President and Owner, Miller Environmental Group, Inc.
- Phil Morabito, CEO Pierpont Communications, Inc.
- Wayne D. Morgan, Vice President of Business Development & External Affairs, Thrasher Engineering
- David L. Ramsey, President and CEO, CAMC Health System
- Martin S. Roth, Ph.D., President, University of Charleston, ex officio
- Brigadier General (retired) Charles Stebbins, Ph.D., United States Air Force
- Paul White, Executive Vice President, Commercial Insurance