Planning Your Event
Our Catering and Food Services professionals provide exceptional service. With years of experience creating memorable and successful events, they can offer you many ways to make your event great.
Here are some hints and tips to help you get started:
- Determine your budget. We can help you select cost-saving options to make your event affordable. Plan ahead as far as possible to ensure your choices will be available when you want them.
- Review your contract. Make any changes in pen, initial all changes, and send your contract back to the University.
- Determine other professional needs including decorations, entertainment, florist, photographer, bakery, party favors, etc. We will be happy to provide you with a list of recommended vendors.
- Make arrangements for your audio/visual needs. UC has a wide range of audiovisual, sound, video and lighting equipment available for rent.
- Make an appointment with the UC Director of Catering to choose the food menu (think about any special food needs your guests will require – vegetarian, dairy-free, etc.
- Determine if accommodations and transportation will be necessary for your guests and make arrangements for guests with special handicap needs.
- Send out invitations at least eight (8) weeks prior to the event.
- Plan for the greatest expectation of attendance. It’s better to take away than to add.
- Make signs or maps for your guests.
- Finalize all details of the event with the professionals you have chosen at least one week prior to the event.
- Check out your space a half-hour before the event. Make sure you have everything you need.