Overview of Program
The Psychology program at the University of Charleston helps students to:
- Understand the operation of behavior and mental processes of organisms
- Appreciate psychology as a discipline, science, and profession
- Acquire skills necessary for advanced study or work within the discipline
Our program successfully prepares students for further graduate studies in psychology and related fields including counseling, social work, and human resources.
- Two-track program: Bachelor of Sciences (BS) - offered exclusively in-seat at Charleston -- prepares students for graduate study; Bachelor of Arts (BA) - offered in-seat and online - prepares students who plan to pursue work immediately following graduation.
- Strong program emphasis on quantitative and qualitative research methods and experimental design
- Opportunities to present student research to state, regional, and national audiences
- Internships and service-learning experiences with non-profit, medical, and criminal justice system agencies
- Program structure enables interested students to pursue a double major
Students must gain general admission to the University of Charleston. A visit to campus to meet with Admissions personnel and program faculty is strongly encouraged.