Lead HVAC Technician
Posted October 18, 2021
Lead HVAC Technician
Facility Services, University of Charleston – Charleston Campus
The University of Charleston seeks a certified Lead HVAC Technician to install, maintain and repair HVAC systems. The HVAC technician will be skilled in cleaning, adjusting, and repairing systems.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
The Lead HVAC technician will be responsible for air quality systems from installation to end-of-life by performing maintenance, warranty, and emergency repairs. You will also repair, maintain, and install refrigeration equipment such as ice machines and walk-in coolers. To be successful in this role, customer satisfaction, safety and comfort should be your top priority. Ideal candidates will be patient and have excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills. This position will also assist with general maintenance tasks as needed.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Proficient in reading schematics and work plan
- Installing, maintaining, and repairing ventilation and air conditioning systems and
- Identifying maintenance risks on
- Diagnosing electrical and mechanical faults for HVAC
- Performing emergency repairs promptly and efficiently.
- Providing technical direction and on-the-job
- Keeping daily logs and records of all maintenance
- Ensuring compliance with appliance standards and with Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Complying with service standards, work instructions and customers’ requirement s.
- Assisting with customers’ queries.
- Should have experience in preventative maintenance procedures.
- Some experience working on water source kitchen area cooling equipment, ice makers and heat pump systems
- Performs quality control testing & troubleshooting and has a working knowledge of HVAC system installation.
- Must be a team player and perform well in meeting deadlines
- Ability to work after hours, over weekends and on public holidays with short notice.
- Ability to work in confined space
Education and Experience
- High school diploma, GED or suitable equivalent.
- 3-years’ experience as an HVAC technician and willingness to continue education in HVAC field.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Understanding of advanced principles of air conditioning, refrigeration, and heating.
- Working knowledge of boiler s
- Proficient in balancing air and water treatment systems in line with HVAC protocols.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal
- EPA Certification (must acquire within 1 year)
Mail resumes, references, and applications to:
University of Charleston
Attn: Kelly Ferris
2300 MacCorkle Avenue SE
Charleston, WV 25304
The University of Charleston is an Equal Opportunity Employer