Rick Ferris, Ph.D.
Cecil I. Walker Chair of Management, MBA Program Director
- Ph.D., MBA, B.S., A.S.
- Ferris, R. (2016). A Data-Based Model to Predict Case Classification of Educational Attainment in Central Appalachia. Available (Delayed until 11/2018) from ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global.
- Ferris, R. (2016, March). Educational Attainment: An Exploratory Factor Analysis. Conference Presentation. Shepard University. 39th Annual Appalachian Studies Conference.
- McLaughlin, R.G., Ferris, R. (2015, October). The Role of Constructive Developmental Theory in Understanding Leadership in a Dynamic Environment. University of Charleston. Nexus For Leadership Symposium.
- Ferris, R. (2015). Building Assessment into Existing Academic Programs. Presentation to the Student Affairs Assessment and Research Conference, Columbus, OH. June 19, 2015
- Ferris, R., Bellamy, D.S., (2014). Educational Attainment and Economic Impacts in Central Appalachia. Discussion Leadership at the 37th Annual Appalachian Studies Conference. Huntington, WV, March 29th, 2014
- Ferris, R. (2012). Succession Planning: A Flexible Framework for a Leadership Imperative. Poster Presented at the 17th Annual Student Research Conference at the Harvard Graduate School of Education. Boston, MA, March 6th, 2012.
- Ziswiler, K. M., & Ferris, R. (2010). “Working the Hyphen” in qualitative research. Presented at the 33rd Annual Meeting of the Mid-Western Educational Research Association (MWERA). Columbus, Ohio, October 13-16, 2010.
- De Luca, B. M., Ferris, R., & Hinshaw, S. A. (2010). Funding adequacy: Foundation program vs. evidence-based model. Presented at the 2010 American Education Finance Association Annual Convention, Richmond, VA, March 18-20, 2010.
- Ziswiler, K. M., & Ferris, R. (2010) “Working the Hyphen” in qualitative research. Presented at the University of Dayton Stander Symposium. Dayton, Ohio, March 8, 2010.
I am interested in hiking, canoeing, four-wheeling, and fishing.