Leah A. Hall, PharmD, BCPS, CGP
Executive Director of Assessment
- ASHP Accredited Geriatric Pharmacy Residency, Charleston Area Medical Center, Charleston, West Virginia, Director: David Elliott, Pharm.D., CGP, FASCP, FCCP, AGSF, 2012-2013
- ASHP Accredited Residency in Pharmacy Practice, Charleston Area Medical Center, Charleston, West Virginia, Director: Rebecca Richmond, Pharm.D., BCPS, CGP, 2011-2012
- Doctor of Pharmacy, West Virginia University School of Pharmacy, Morgantown, West Virginia, 2007-2011
- Undergraduate Studies, West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia, 2004-2007
- Pain and Palliative Care Traineeship Level 3 American Society of Health Systems Pharmacists (ASHP). University of Maryland School of Pharmacy. May 2014
- Dispennette RS, Hall LA, Elliott DP. A Survey of Palliative Care and Pain Management Clinical Pharmacists: Determining Activity and Roles. January 2014-Present.
- Co-Investigator: A Proposal to Increase the Recruitment of Student Pipeline of Health Care Professionals in Rural West Virginia. HEPC Grant Awarded January 2014 (ongoing).
- Hall LA, Elliott DP. Evaluation of Medication Assessment Tools and Risk of Hospitalization in Geriatric Outpatients. Charleston Area Medical Center, Charleston, WV. December 2012-Present. Poster presented at Eastern States Residency Conference in Hershey, PA (May 2013). Poster presented at West Virginia Geriatrics Society (WVGS) Meeting in Charleston, WV (October 2013).
- Hall LA. Bethea JA. Evaluation of Enoxaparin Dosing in the Critically Ill Obese Patient. Charleston Area Medical Center, Charleston, WV. Aug 2011-June 2012. Presented at Eastern States Residency Conference in Hershey, PA (May 2013). Non Peer-Reviewed Publications Hall LA. Supplements to Consider as You Get Older. The Ridgemont at Edgewood Summit Resident Newsletter. September 2012.
- Effective Pain Management: Not One Size Fits All. University of Charleston Physician Assistant Program/WVAPA Spring CME Conference. The Greenbrier Resort, White Sulfur Springs, WV. February 2015.
- Parkinson’s Pharmacy, and Progression. West Virginia Parkinson’s Support Group. Alzheimer’s Association, Charleston, WV. August 2014.
- Palliative Care and End of Life Issues: A Pharmacist’s Perspective. Christian Pharmacist Fellowship International (CPFI) Annual Meeting. ACPE #: 0088-9999-14-070-L01-P. Springmaid Beach Resort, Myrtle Beach, SC. June 2014.
- Ethical Considerations: A Potpourri of Pharmaceuticals. Ethics in the Round. Charleston Area Medical Center, Charleston, WV. March 2014.
- Management of Chronic Non-Malignant Pain. West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine Education Day. West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine, Lewisburg, WV. November 2013.
Professional interests include pain and palliative care, and innovative teaching techniques. I offer an elective course in palliative care and serve as the faculty advisor for the UC SOP Student Chapter of Christian Pharmacist’s Fellowship International. I enjoy spending time with my family, traveling, and the outdoors.