As quickly as three semesters of full-time study
Advance your nursing career with our online RN-BSN program. A BSN can help you broaden your nursing career options, be a better candidate for promotion, and enhance your skills and nursing techniques.
Our program curriculum focuses on current standards and evidence-based practices, so you develop skills that are truly marketable and valuable. Courses are seven weeks long, and you will study a combination of core, foundational and nursing courses – all leading to your BSN and an enhanced ability to continue to work in a continually changing, challenging and rewarding field.
- Submit all official college or university transcripts demonstrating a cumulative grade point average of a 2.0 or higher
- Grade of “C” or higher in all Foundational, Health Sciences, and Nursing courses
- Nursing and Foundational (general education) courses through a regionally accredited institution by validation or articulation
- Graduate from a regionally accredited college or university
- Current, unencumbered license or valid temporary license as a Registered Professional Nurse (RN) in the U.S. or a jurisdiction that is an associate member of the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN)
Admission Application Documents
To be considered for admission, admission documents have to be submitted in their entirety. Applications will not be reviewed until all of the following have been completed:
- Proof of admission to the University of Charleston: Admission letter.*
- Submit all official college or university transcripts demonstrating a cumulative grade point average of 2.00 or higher to the University of Charleston Admissions Office.*
- Proof of current, unencumbered license or valid temporary license as a Registered Professional Nurse (RN) in the U.S. or a jurisdiction that is an associate member of the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN).
- Complete and submit an RN – BSN Program application and required documents to: University of Charleston
Health Sciences Department, Suite 400
ATTN: Suzanne Summers
2300 MacCorkle Avenue, SE
Charleston, West Virginia 25304
Download the Nursing RN-BSN Application
Download the Nursing Student Handbook
Inclement Weather Addendum to Nursing handbook 2020-2021
Nursing Student Handbook Transfer Policy p.16-17
*Must complete UC general admission requirements with UC Admissions Office prior to submission of the program application.
If you have additional questions, you may contact Mackenzie Lanham, MSN, BS, RN, CLC, Instructor of Nursing, RN-BSN Coordinator at 304-352-0070 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fully online program with no residency requirement.
50 credit hours awarded for current, unencumbered RN license.
Our revised nursing curriculum focuses on current standards and evidence-based practices.
Ranked in the 2019 Best Online Colleges for nursing programs by SR Education Group.
More than 50 years’ experience educating over 3,000 nurses.
Our program ranks #2 out of 26 registered nursing programs in West Virginia by RegisteredNursing.org.
Start faster. Current Associate Degree Nursing students may enroll in Health Sciences courses prior to graduation.
Senior-Level Nursing Skills
A BSN degree provides current nurses with more in-depth knowledge about the challenges within the healthcare field and increases their career opportunities. Topics covered include patient education, community health, management and leadership, clinical decision-making and more.
Advance in your Career
Our well-rounded educational foundation will offer you career mobility and the opportunity to further your academic study.
The Nursing (RN-BSN) program at the University of Charleston is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (HLC).
The Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
230 South LaSalle Street
Chicago, IL 60604
The RN-BSN nursing program at the University of Charleston at the Charleston Campus located in Charleston, West Virginia is accredited by the:
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
3390 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 1400 Atlanta, GA 30326
The most recent accreditation decision made by the ACEN Board of Commissioners for the RN-BSN nursing program is Continuing Accreditation with Conditions.
The West Virginia Board of Examiners for Registered Professionals Nurses
90 MacCorkle Avenue Ave., SW
South Charleston, WV 25303
View the public information disclosed by the ACEN regarding this program at http://www.acenursing.com/accreditedprograms/programsearch.htm.
Nurse Licensure Guidance tool, provides information for either domestically-educated or internationally-educated nurses who want to be licensed in your states/jurisdictions.
Meet the Faculty
Meet the Faculty
Capito Department of Nursing Chair, Program Director of Nursing, Associate Professor
Assistant Professor- ADN Charleston
Instructor of Nursing, RN-BSN Coordinator