Master of Business Administration (MBA)
The Master of Business Administration program at the University of Charleston is an innovative program for professionals from diverse backgrounds who want to advance their careers and broaden their education backgrounds.
The MBA curriculum relies on both theory and practical experience to give candidates insight into the intricacies of a constantly changing economic world. The core program is divided into eight 8-week modules. Our program provides flexible pathways for experienced
professionals, those seeking to enhance their experience, and students pursuing their PharmD at UC.
You Take Part in the MBA Program?
Yes, if you are interested in receiving one of the best management education programs available, not only in West Virginia, but in the entire Ohio Valley. Our tuition is also very reasonable. Learn more about our
Tuition & Fees.
Important Information for International Students
The MBA program is designed to accommodate international students on Fl Visas. Additional courses may be required depending on individual circumstance. Please contact the Program Director to discuss your particular situation.
MBA Program Description
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) is a sixteen-month program for those who hold a bachelor's degree.
View the MBA program highlights.
Schedule and Faculty
The hybrid program is divided into eight 8-week modules, and participants meet once per week for approximately sixteen months. During this period, students meet with highly qualified UC professors, in addition to approximately 25 senior-level executives from business, education, banking,
state and federal government, health care, marketing, finance, and entrepreneurial ventures.
- Learning Approach
- Problem-solving. Participants learn creative thinking and the importance of group interaction in problem-solving.
Specific emphasis is placed on recognizing and adapting to change, recognizing potential programs, analyzing possible solutions, and initiating proper guidelines to prevent recurrence.
- Teamwork. All eight modules of the MBA program are heavily geared to team participation.
- Business writing and public speaking. The program emphasizes efficient and clear business writing, and speaking confidently and clearly in presentations.
- Capstone Based. Throughout the program, teams of students analyze and make recommendations for a West Virginia business, resulting in a great learning experience for the team and practical suggestions for improvement by the participating company.
Today's business is not conducted in a vacuum, and today's business leaders need a working knowledge of global business. During the International Business & Trade module, students participate in an international practicum lasting approximately ten days, during which they have opportunities
to personally observe the business practices of a particular region of the world. Recent destinations have included China, Ireland, Panama, and Brazil.
- MBA Quick Facts
- Enrollment has increased over 400% since 2005.
- Over 100 businesses and corporations have trusted UC for their employee MBA education.
- Our "Practical Application" approach features experiental learning for rapid assimilation of business information.
- The core program may be completed in 16 months.
- The program consists of eight modules, each eight weeks in length. Typical schedule is: one weekly meeting every Tuesday or Thursday 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. in a hybrid format.
- Corporate executives meet regularly with all classes, sharing their expertise with the MBA candidates.
- Class size is limited to 25 candidates.
- Two new cohorts start each year beginning in August and January.
- Our international practicum is an integral part of the program. In past years, candidates have met with government officials, business leaders, health officials, and education leaders in China, Ireland, Panama, Brazil, and many other countries.
- Classroom learning is geared for the current and future business executives.
- Graduates and their employers are impressed with the depth of our program and its immediate results.
- Our highly competitive cost is inclusive, with no add-on expenses. This includes tuition, textbooks, and the international practicum. View tuition and fees information.