Support for UC online students
While you may be studying from home, you won’t study alone. UC online students can call on our Academic Counselors for support and guidance.
Welcome to the University of Charleston Online
UC Academic Counselors will provide you with academic advice, review and assess your academic needs and assist you in the selection of proper course work. We will be monitoring your academic progress, assisting with your enrollment and referring you to various academic support and student life offices as needed.
We also want you to feel that you can contact us at any time with any issues you may have. We hope you will remain in frequent contact with us about your progress and consider our partnership a primary resource for your academic success. We look forward to helping reach your educational and career goals. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via phone or email. We are here to address your issues and concerns.
Why UC for Your Online Degree?
- You can work around your job, family and other obligations while getting your degree
- Your professors are the same world-class educators that teach our on-campus classes
- Utilize our Center for Career Development to find graduate schools and connect to potential employers
- We facilitate study groups and other options so that you can connect to other UC online students
- When you earn your degree, you can participate in our commencement ceremonies at our Charleston, WV campus (Commencement ceremonies are held in December and May)
The student technology resource area provides support and self-help tutorials for the technologies you will utilize as a student here at UC.
“My UC” is the name of our Student Portal. It contains all of your academic records, including billing information, schedules, and grades, as well as your University email account and eLearn, our course management system.
Students will use eLearn for access to course websites. Online courses and hybrid courses will be located in eLearn. Traditional (in-seat) courses may have documents, assignments and grades posted in eLearn. Check with your professor for more details. Follow these step-by-step instructions to access the Portal and eLearn.
Your UC log-in information will be emailed to the personal email account that you provided on your application to UC. Please check that email account for log-in information. You will receive an email 24 – 72 hours after you register for classes.
If you have any questions, your online Academic Advisors are here to help:
Emily Vogel, M.Ed.
Lead Academic Advisor
Angela Hilton, M.S.