Master of Business Administration (MBA)
In-Seat & Online
Charleston and Online
Whether you are looking to advance your career or broaden your educational background, our MBA program includes both theory and practical experience to give you extensive insight into the business world.
You’ll learn from and network with other business professionals, as well as with professors and fellow students. Applied case studies develop skills in problem solving and teamwork, and our integration of communication, business writing, and interpersonal skill development into the program gives you the confidence to become a business leader – whether you are working for a small company, large corporation or starting your own business.
MBA program admission requirements include:
- Completed MBA application
- Current resume
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution and official transcripts showing degree earned*
- Cumulative GPA of at least 2.5
- Undergraduate prerequisites in accounting, economics, and statistics**
*May be waived for qualified PharmD and PA students
**May be met with short-courses from McGraw-Hill and/or equivalent professional work experience
Flexible format to fit your schedule – choose from two formats (see Additional Information section for details on online program vs. in-seat offering).
Cohort-based program; you will work in teams to apply knowledge.
Helps you develop skills in problem-solving, teamwork, business writing, and public speaking.
Choose from three concentrations to focus your career goals (see Additional Information section for details).
Optional international practicum (in-seat only) provides a global business perspective.
- Business Manager
- Corporate Recruiter
- Financial Analyst
- Management Analyst
You can choose one of two formats to earn your MBA degree:
Students who select this option will meet for class one night per week on our Charleston campus.
Students who select this option will complete their program entirely online. This provides a flexible learning environment designed to accommodate busy lives and work schedules.
In addition to the core MBA courses, you can choose from one of three concentrations to focus your degree and career path:
- Business Analytics – Develop the ability to apply business and analytical tools to find solutions to business problems. Courses include business forecasting, data mining and visualization, and predictive modeling for managers.
- Healthcare Management – Develop the skills to find solutions to operational issues in the management of healthcare systems. Courses include healthcare economics, informatics, and policy/ethics.
- Management – Learn to apply management theories to improve the performance of an organization. Courses include organizational behavior, operations management, and leadership/ethics.
During the International Business & Trade module, you can participate in an international practicum lasting about ten days, during which you have opportunities to personally observe the business practices of a particular region of the world.
Recent destinations have included China, Ireland, Panama, and Brazil.