The Presidential Scholarship helps you reach your college dreams – without paying tuition!
You’ve worked hard to earn your good grades and contribute to your community. That hard work can now pay off with our Presidential Scholarship.
About the Scholarship
If you are a high achiever, consider applying for this prestigious opportunity. The Presidential Scholarship pays your tuition, mandatory fees, and your room and board (up to $9,950) all four years while you are at UC.
In addition to incredible financial support, the Presidential Scholarship also provides you with the opportunity to meet regularly with UC President Roth for mentoring and leadership skill development.
Who is eligible to apply?
Any incoming Fall 2021 freshman who has:
- Been admitted to UC
- A High School GPA of 3.75 or higher
- A demonstrated record of leadership and citizenship
- A desire to become a campus leader while serving the UC & Charleston communities
Keep in mind that the application deadline is January 11, 2021. Your documents must be submitted electronically to email@example.com
The Application Process
The Scholarship Selection Committee will review applications and select up to 15 semi-finalists for the first interview round. Semi-finalists will be contacted by February 1 and Zoom interviews will take place the week of February 15. (Semi-finalists who do not advance to the next round will be offered a semi-finalist scholarship package.)
Following the Zoom interviews, up to nine finalists will be invited to campus for a finalist weekend event. During the event, you will have interviews with faculty, staff, current Presidential Scholars, and President Roth.
Finalists will be notified of their selection on February 26 and will be invited to campus between March 19-20 for final interviews. (Finalists who are not selected as Presidential Scholars will be offered a finalist scholarship package.)
How to Apply
To apply for the Presidential Scholarship, you must submit an application package by 11:59 p.m. on January 11, 2021, that includes:
- Your full high school transcript
- Resume of extracurricular activities, community service, & leadership accomplishments
- Two (2) personal essays and three (3) recommendation forms (completed by a teacher, coach, or mentor)
- Other examples of your personal success
- All documents must be submitted as PDF or .doc files.
- All email submissions must include “Presidential Scholarship – [student’s full name]” in the subject line.
- Recommendation forms (3) must be emailed by the recommender, not the student.
- Applicants must submit essay responses to the following two (2) prompts:
- UC’s mission includes a dedication to preparing students for a life of enlightened living. What does “enlightened living” look like to you?
- What constitutes good leadership, and how can more people exhibit it?
*by submitting these essays, you are affirming that they are entirely your original work. Plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification.
- You must submit (or have your counselor submit) your current high school transcript.
- You must submit a resume of your extracurricular activities, community service, and leadership accomplishments.
- You may submit any other materials you feel would help the selection committee get to know you better. This is not required, and will not count against you if you choose not to submit additional materials.
Submit any questions about the scholarship or the submission process to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow two business days for a reply.
You deserve to be rewarded for your hard work – apply for our Presidential Scholarship today!