Posted August 11, 2020
Business Office, University of Charleston
Assist the Controller with the financial reporting of the University with specific attention given to internal controls, reconcilements, and proper accounting for non-profit entities. Responsible for daily bank reconciliations, preparation of general ledger entries, fixed assets, sales tax reporting, debt service, preparation of Forms 1099-MISC, and other duties as assigned.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Prepare, input and maintain transactions and reconcilements relating to various University accounts monthly.
- Complete bank account reconcilements on a daily basis for two main operating accounts
- Complete bank reconcilements on a monthly basis for all other accounts
- Research and resolve outstanding items on reconcilements.
- Assist Controller in preparing analyses of various accounts
- Prepare and submit 1099-MISC for transmittal to IRS.
- Download credit card statements and email to cardholders and their administrative assistants.
- Complete UC credit/purchase cards transaction upload to general ledger and reversing entry.
- Monitoring of in-house collections for student accounts.
- Prepare and mail invoices monthly and quarterly.
- Update property tax spreadsheets and submit property tax payments.
- Prepare and file the West Virginia & Charleston Sales Tax and Arkansas Sales Tax report monthly.
- Prepare and submit for payment the quarterly City Service Fee report and reconciliation.
- Ensure bank detail support is attached to journal entries and electronic payment requests
- Process the Fixed Asset Capitalization/Depreciation Process
- Update the Daily Cash Report and keep Controller informed of cash position.
- Reconcile AP and payroll checks in Colleague daily, run PCSR and SCKR at the first of each month
- Prepare positive pay file daily for submission to bank
- Email ACH utility payments to Facilities for Electronic Payment Requests
- Prepare/enter journal entries/Electronic Check Requests/Check Requests as needed.
- Record daily online transactions for online account from Accounts Payable email
- Responsible for E Check submission and running pre-notes.
- Enter journal entries for Catering and Communication Invoices.
- Provide back-up for Accounts Payable processing
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting Required.
- Accounting Experience 3 – 5 Years.
- Knowledge of approved accounting procedures.
- Microsoft office product experience (Word, Excel).
- Excellent communication skills for internal and external customers.
- Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
- Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest, a current resume, and the names of three professional references with contact information (including email address if available) to:
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest, a current resume, and the names of three professional references with contact information (including email address if available) to:
University of Charleston
Attention: Terri Underhill
2300 MacCorkle Ave. SE
Charleston, WV 25304
The University of Charleston is an Equal Opportunity Employer.