Program Coordinator – WV DII
Posted May 11, 2020
West Virginia Drug Intervention Institute, University of Charleston
The West Virginia Drug Intervention Institute, Inc. (WV DII) seeks a part – time Program Coordinator. Reporting to the WV DII Education Director, the Program Coordinator will assist in establishing and managing a collegiate medication safety program, Generation Rx University, across West Virginia.
Generation Rx University is an evidence-informed prevention education program developed by The Ohio State University School of Pharmacy and the Cardinal Health Foundation. The Program Coordinator will collaborate and coordinate with public and private colleges and universities in West Virginia to coordinate, deliver, oversee, and assess this prescription safety outreach program.
The mission of the West Virginia Drug Intervention Institute is to reduce deaths in West Virginia from opioid and drug abuse by being (a) an independent advocate for life-enhancing drug policies, and practices, (b) a hub for coordinating drug response activities, and (c) an educational center to address the prevalence of drug abuse and the stigma of drug addiction. The WV DII is a non-profit organization. The Institute is housed at the University of Charleston in West Virginia’s state capital.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Communication and collaboration with agencies that work with higher education institutions, such as the WV Higher Education Policy Commission, Southern West Virginia Collegiate Peer Recovery Network, West Virginia Association of Student Personnel Administrators, WV Campus Compact, and student organizations
- Assistance in developing messaging to reduce stigma associated with addiction through education and support of prevention and recovery services on campuses
- Participation in Drug Take Back Days and medication safety events
- Assessing program effectiveness with the assistance of WV DII staff
- Oversee the administration and delivery of the WV DII’s collegiate medication safety program, Generation Rx University
- Train students, educators, and college staff on the delivery of the Generation Rx University
- Create program toolkits and materials
- Coordinate and conduct trainings on various college campuses
- Track college student completion of program
- Track college train-the-trainer completions and delivery of the program
- Work closely with WV DII staff to assess the efficacy and impact of the program
- Monitor grant requirements and goals, including monitoring progress of project and budget
- Assist in maintaining a comprehensive database of programs and best practices in prevention and recovery related to substance use disorder
- Provide administrative and clerical support to the WV DII Staff
- Assist with and/or facilitate WV DII activities as needed
- Other duties as assigned by Institute staff
- A bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a relevant field is preferred; college students that are in their senior year or graduate school are encouraged to apply
- A commitment to higher education in West Virginia required
- Excellent and persuasive communication skills, both verbal and written required
- Event planning experience preferred
- A strong record of community service and engagement is preferred
- Ability to interact effectively with widely diverse audiences and stakeholders – e.g., higher education, business, government, media, social service, volunteers, etc. required
- Track record of program implementation and delivery preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products such as Word, PowerPoint and/or Excel required
- Possess a valid driver’s license
This position is a part-time, grant funded position for the 2020-2021 academic year. The position is expected to grow into a full-time permanent position starting academic year 2021-2022. Year one, 20 hours of work per week is anticipated. However, travel throughout the state will be required and non-traditional hours (evening or early morning) may be expected.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
All applications received by May 30, 2020 will receive full consideration.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, a current resume, and the names of three professional references with contact information (including email address if available) to:
University of Charleston
2300 MacCorkle Ave, SE
Charleston, West Virginia 25304
The University of Charleston is an Equal Opportunity employer