Nursing Faculty BSN Program
Posted August 18, 2021
Nursing Faculty, Full-Time 9-Month Position, BSN Program
Bert Bradford School of Health Sciences, Capito Department of Nursing, University of Charleston
Full-time faculty members teach in the university’s traditional Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program at the Charleston Campus. The faculty member will teach theory and clinical courses and assist in the preparation of students for a life of productive work, enlightened living, and community involvement.
The faculty member will be responsible for teaching the didactic/theory and clinical nursing courses. Teach in a traditional Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program, as directed.
DUTIES OF THE NURSING INSTRUCTOR:
Be able and willing to commit and adhere to the policies of the University of Charleston, Bert Bradford School of Health Science, and the Capito Department of Nursing, but not limited to the following:
- Teach in a traditional Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program.
- Maintain a minimum of 5 office hours per week for advising in addition to on campus office hours as mandated by the Chair / Program Director of Nursing.
- Attend all functions and meetings scheduled by the University of Charleston, Bert Bradford School of Health Sciences, and the Capito Department of Nursing.
- Serve on committees both in the department and University level.
- Actively participate in the development, evaluation and review of curriculum, services, and activities of the nursing program.
- Instruct courses in a manner consistent with the University of Charleston and the Capito Department of Nursing.
- Utilize resources consistent with the University of Charleston, Bert Bradford School of Health Sciences, and the Capito Department of Nursing as appropriate to enhance learning.
- Communicate with students, faculty, staff, clinical agencies, and the community in a professional manner.
- Commit to life-long learning and maintain current competency in subject matter and service or clinical area.
- Participate in scholarly and professional development activities as outlined in the faculty manual of the university.
- Assume responsibility and accountability for instruction, evaluation of students, planning and implementing curriculum content in the clinical area.
- Establish effective working relationships with personnel from community healthcare agencies.
- Assist the students in the identification and understanding of The University of Charleston, Bert Bradford School of Health Sciences, and the Capito Department of Nursing policies and procedures pertaining to the student, including, but not limited to:
- Mission and Philosophy
- Student responsibilities and accountability to the University, program, clinical facilities, patients, and accrediting bodies.
- Learning experiences
- Curriculum, instruction, and evaluation throughout the program.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION
To acquire an faculty position in nursing, individuals must possess, or be eligible to obtain, an unrestricted WV Registered Professional Nursing license, have a graduate degree with a major in nursing or have a bachelor’s degree with a major in nursing and be admitted and enrolled in a graduate degree program with a major in nursing within one (1) year of employment in the faculty position, or have a bachelor’s degree with a major in nursing and ten years of clinical experience, and worked in the area of medical surgical nursing two out of the last ten years. Previous teaching experience including proficiency in curriculum development, supervision, instruction, assessment, evaluation and advising in a registered professional nursing program is a desired.
- MSN required or a BSN with 10 years practice experience and willing to enroll in an MSN program within one year of employment
- Minimum 2 years teaching experience in an RN program
- Recent clinical experience required (2 years in the past 10 years) in Medical Surgical Nursing
- Unencumbered, or ability to obtain an unencumbered WV RN license
- Maintain current RN licensure and certifications
- Offer of employment pending approval by the West Virginia Board of Examiners for Registered Professional Nurses
The position is available beginning August 16, 2021. This is a nine-month position. Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest, a current resume, and the names of three professional references with contact information (including email address if available) to:
University of Charleston
Amy Bruce, Associate Director of Nursing
2300 MacCorkle Ave. S.E.
Charleston, WV 25304
The University of Charleston is an Equal Opportunity employer