Graduate Leadership Faculty – School of Business & Leadership – Leadership & Professional Development
Posted July 30, 2019
This faculty member will facilitate a full-time teaching load of courses in graduate Leadership degree programs, participate in faculty governance, and engage in scholarship related to Leadership degree programs, and collaboratively support the
mission of the department, school, and university. Academic rank commensurate with experience.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Teach a full-time load of courses in graduate Leadership degree programs.
- Coordinate graduate curricular and co-curricular activities as assigned.
- Serve as academic advisor for students in Leadership degree programs as assigned by program director.
- Engage in scholarship in program specialty area and maintain currency and quality of curriculum related to that area.
- Participate in department, school, and University faculty governance.
- Contribute to departmental and program intellectual community and committees in support of the department’s strategic plan, including Leadership, Quality, Value; Social Responsibility, and Sustainment.
- Mentor students and serve on dissertation research committees as assigned.
- Collaborate in Department, School and University developmental activities and events.
- Earned doctoral degree required in leadership-related discipline, with previous competency in teaching research in leadership or related area.
- Prior experience in research in leadership.
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning principles, online facilitation, technology-enhanced learning, outcomes-based learning, and assessment.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, and willingness to work in a collaborative environment.
- The position requires access to sensitive and confidential student information. Applicant must be able to adhere to student confidentiality policies and procedures.
- Evening and weekend work is required.
Screening of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Please send a cover letter, curriculum vitae/resume and contact information for three professional references to:
University of Charleston
Dr. Ruth Wylie, Program Director
2300 MacCorkle Ave SE
Charleston, WV 25304
The University of Charleston is an Equal Opportunity Employer