Gift Processing Specialist – Department of Advancement
Posted September 25, 2019
The Gift Processing Specialist will have primary responsibility for maintaining an accurate Raisers Edge database system including gift processing, acknowledgement, reporting, mailings and data analysis for the day-to-day operations of the Advancement Department. Additionally the specialist will perform assigned duties with Advancement projects such as the Builders group and alumni activities.
Essential duties and Responsibilities:
- Enter and maintain data in Raisers Edge database system and audit the integrity of that data.
- Maintain accurate constituent records
- Efficiently enter all gifts into the database and prepare acknowledgement letters.
- Prepare deposits and send pledge reminders as scheduled.
- Must be able to balance deposits with database
- Must send pledge reminders/invoices on a monthly basis
- Keep accurate records of all gifts processed and acknowledged for tax purposes.
- Respond to request for reports and information from donors, volunteers and staff in a professional and timely manner.
- Function as the power user on all software/ participating in RE and ICE as requested.
- Provide monthly/annual reporting to the Business Office and the Vice President of Development as scheduled and to VSE.
- Work with the advancement directors to create data lists needed for appeals, invitations and mailings. Provide administrative support for mailings when needed, eg, mail merges, envelopes, etc.
- Proof read and copy edit as needed.
- Maintain office supplies and archived files for the department.
- Initiative check requests and submission of credit card expense report.
- Assist with event activities, particularly recording RSVPs and providing staff support at events as requested.
- Develop good rapport with support groups (alumni, Builders, trustees).
- Perform all functions with a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality.
- Backup for Front Desk as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, specifically Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience with a relational database—Raisers Edge Preferred
- Bookkeeping experience or familiarity with basic accounting functions would be helpful
- 2+ years of general office experience
- Attention to detail/ strong proofreading capabilities
- A. S. Degree or higher
- Strong Customer Service Skills
Interested applications should submit cover letter, resume and references to:
University of Charleston
Catherine Eckley, Director of Annual Fund
2300 MacCorkle Ave. SE
Charleston, WV 25304
The University of Charleston is an Equal Opportunity Employer.