Executive Assistant – Office of the EVP & CFO
Posted October 4, 2019
Under the general direction of the Executive VP & CFO, the Executive Assistant provides executive, administrative, and analytical support in a wide variety of areas including: special projects, budgets, correspondence, calendar maintenance and problem solving for the day-to-day operations of the office. The Executive Assistant will coordinate activities on the EVP & CFO’s behalf, independently identify issues or problems within specific management areas, research issues, prioritize tasks and work independently with a high degree of confidentiality. Duties include general clerical, receptionist, and project-based work. The ability to work independently, project a positive and professional University image through in-person and telephone interactions is essential. The ideal candidate must be well organized, have the ability to adapt to a dynamic environment, and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting not only the EVP & CFO’s office but assisting with all departments reporting to the EVP & CFO, which are made up of a variety of diverse people and projects. The ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, proactively, resourcefully and efficiently, with professionalism and the utmost confidentiality is required. High level of written and verbal communication skills, strong decision making ability, and attention to detail are equally important.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer telephones, effectively meet and greet
- Setup and coordinate meetings and
- Handle all office correspondence, travel, schedules, registration, logistical arrangements,
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing.
- Responsible for calendar management, requiring interaction with both internal and external parties to coordinate a variety of meetings and/or events.
- Prepare and distribute various types of written communications such as mail merges, electronic weekly calendars, e-mails, meeting minutes, etc.
- Work with the EVP & CFO to review various reports and documents, prepare follow-up
- Work with the University’s administrative team to ensure the effective coordination of school
- Accurately record the transactions of official meetings and disseminate minutes to appropriate
- Maintain hard copy, electronic filing system, and university
- Prioritize & manage multiple projects simultaneously and follow through on issues in a timely
- Maintain confidentiality and discretion regarding University business and
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Applicants should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 3 years of executive administrative support
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Attention to detail
- Analyzing and problem solving ability
- Ability to successfully create and/or modify processes
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Accounting/Bookkeeping experience
- Ability to effectively utilize all Microsoft Office products
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to ExecutiveAssistant@ucwv.edu.
The University of Charleston is an Equal Opportunity Employer