Director of Alumni
Posted September 15, 2020
Director of Alumni
Alumni Relations & Advancement, University of Charleston
The Director of Alumni is a key member of the University’s Advancement team, responsible for building relationships with alumni of the University of Charleston and its predecessor, Morris Harvey College. He/she reports to the Vice President for University Development.
- Planning and implementing events designed to strengthen relationships between the college and its alumni, including a successful program of class reunions.
- Plan 5 regional alumni events
- Cultivating current students, especially seniors, to facilitate their transition from students at the University to alumni who will continue to be involved with the institution and become financial supporters.
- Planning a program of regular communication with alumni including monthly electronic newsletters, Providing support and guidance for the National Alumni Board and the Alumni Association
- Identifying, cultivating, and involving potential volunteer leaders for UC activities, including the Alumni Board and the Board of Trustees.
- Identifying and cultivating alumni who may be prospects for major gifts in support of University initiatives; Face to face visits with 30 alums to identify prospects for gift cultivation.
- Responsible for promoting and coordinating social media within the Advancement Office
- Implement Day of Giving
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Alumni of the University of Charleston or Morris Harvey College preferred
- Demonstrated success in program management, event planning, and/or fundraising
- Experience with college or university alumni/volunteer programs desirable
- Superior verbal, written, presentation and organization skills
- Enthusiastic and friendly personality; must enjoy meeting new people
- Available to attend alumni social events
- Other duties as assigned
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Interested applicants should submit cover letter, resume, references & salary requirements to:
University of Charleston
Gail Carter, Vice President of University Development
2300 MacCorkle Ave.
Charleston, WV 25304
The University of Charleston is an Equal Opportunity Employer