Director of Admissions Outreach
Posted February 4, 2020
Director of Admissions Outreach
Office of Admissions – University of Charleston
The Director of Admissions Outreach will provide creative and data-driven direction to the student recruitment efforts of the University of Charleston Admissions Office. Reporting to the Executive Vice President of Enrollment Management, the Director of Admissions Outreach will contribute to the successful accomplishment of the University’s enrollment objectives by working with the the Admissions leadership team, cross-campus partners, and the Admissions outreach staff to develop and implement a comprehensive student recruitment plan which includes but is not limited to the following components: development of an inquiry pool, outreach through college fairs, high school, and community college visits/relations, campus visit programs, publications, and multi-channel communications.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Develops recruitment policies, strategies, and territory management plans that utilize data-driven decision making, personalized recruitment efforts, and greater outreach efforts based on data related to areas such as: sources and frequency of contact, demographic characteristics, majors, etc.
- Collaborates with University Communications to develop recruitment communication strategies, communication planning, using client relationship management strategies across multiple platforms including print, digital, and social media campaigns.
- Leads and supervises all aspects of student recruitment activities including outreach, high school and community college visits/relations, campus visit programs, etc.
- Develops short-term and long-term goals with recruitment staff to recruit a diverse student population.
- Works collaboratively with campus partners including deans, faculty, and staff to positive impact recruitment efforts and yield.
- Oversees recruitment territory management and yield activities by monitoring strategies and utilizing tools such as the student information system to research strategy effectiveness.
- Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses required by the EVP.
- Support the development and implementation of K-12 pipeline programs.
- Provide hands-on recruiting/admissions support for a limited geographic territory.
- Other duties assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- A minimum of 5 years experience in an educational setting, preferably in higher education enrollment
- Previous supervisory experience of professional staff
- Experience using customer relationship management software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A demonstrated dedication to student success
- Occasional overnight travel and evening/weekend work is required
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest, a current resume, and the names of three professional references with contact information (including email address if available) to:
University of Charleston
Beth Wolfe, Ed.D.
Executive Vice President of Enrollment Management
Charleston, WV 25304
The University of Charleston is an Equal Opportunity employer