Assistant Director Serving MBA & International Recruitment Areas
Posted October 18, 2019
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Chas UG Recruitment & Operations, the Assistant Director for MBA & International Students has responsibility for assisting with planning, developing, implementing and evaluating multi-channel marketing and recruitment strategies for related enrollment. The employee will need to be knowledgeable about and promote all graduate & undergraduate programs at the University.
This Assistant Director will be primarily responsible for meeting University and programmatic online and in seat enrollment goals through the execution of various approaches including: telemarketing, participation in open houses and regional receptions, and written communications with various leads and constituents. This position will also supervise the department’s Graduate Assistants and serve as a mentor to them. Application processing, management and decision making are an integral part of the position. Cooperation with athletic coaches, Director of International Students, Graduate School of Business and Leadership faculty is an integral part of this position. Transcript evaluation may also be a function of this job. The position works from the Charleston office, however, travel to fairs, colleges & universities, and businesses will be required. Occasional weeknight and weekend hours will be required. Some overnight travel will be expected including possible international travel.
- Be knowledgeable about the University of Charleston programs, features, facilities, scholarships and financial aid opportunities. Be able to articulate same in a professional, consistent manner;
- Work with supervisor to execute plan for meeting online & in seat programmatic recruitment goals
- Work with supervisor to insure SOPs are being followed by direct reports and best practices for enrollment are being executed by the team
- Work with Executive VP for Admissions/Marketing to develop multi-channel communication strategies to achieve these goals
- Evaluate the effectiveness of various approaches utilized for graduate level and international students;
- Execute marketing materials strategies for the MBA and international recruitment initiatives
- Represent the University at enrollment functions;
- Manage own tele-counseling and telemarketing and texting with prospective students;
- Provide guidance throughout the admissions process including SEVIS documentation when applicable;
- Manage, script, log, and supervise evening telemarketing
- Manage application review and associated decision making;
- Interface with University personnel, (ie: faculty, Deans, support staff, administrative staff) as required. Serve on University Committees if assigned;
- Demonstrate strong customer service orientation with constituents of interest;
- Be proficient in the use of the University’s Management Information System (Recruit and Colleague) and Microsoft Office applications; this will include managing electronic files and communication to prospects from entry to application, acceptance and enrollment.
- Carry out special projects and other duties as assigned.
- This is an entry-level position that requires a Bachelor’s degree
- Candidate must have a customer service orientation and utilize relationship building techniques
- A sales or marketing background is helpful demonstrating a history of success
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer & organizational skills and must be able to think, plan and execute strategically
- A background in enrollment/admissions is preferred but not required
- Candidate must be a goal-oriented self-starter who has the ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Candidate must have a reliable car, a valid driver’s license
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Interested applicants should submit cover letter, resume, references & salary requirements to:
University of Charleston
Admissions Office – Jason Sammons
2300 MacCorkle Avenue, S.E.
Charleston, WV 25304
The University of Charleston is an Equal Opportunity Employer