Posted March 10, 2023
Physician Assistant Program, University of Charleston
The incumbent who serves in this position will coordinate all aspects of the PA Program admissions process including the counseling of prospective students and applicants, managing the applicant pool, pre-screening applications, and coordinating application reviews, interviews, seat offers, and the pre-admission processes. The person in this position will also coordinate program recruitment and marketing and oversee the program’s webpage and the evaluation of the admissions process to ensure effectiveness and accreditation compliance. This position will report to the Program Director.
- Chair the Program Admissions Committee (PAC).
- Chair the PA Program Diversity & Inclusion Committee.
- Chair the Admissions Retreat every January.
- Advisor for the Diversity & Inclusion Student Subcommittee.
- Attend faculty/staff meetings and retreats as directed.
- Assist Pre-PA Club students.
- Attend university and school meetings as directed.
- Serve as a liaison between the PA Program and UC Admissions office.
- Counsel prospective students and applicants and guide those who are interested through the application process.
- Answer PA Program admission inquiries.
- Host program informational sessions to educate interested parties about the Physician Assistant profession and UC PA Program.
- Organize and participate in recruitment events and activities.
- Act as a liaison between the PA program and UC Communications to develop and implement marketing campaigns.
- Manage PA Program social media.
- Process and manage program applications and associated files.
- Pre-screen applications to verify applicants meet minimum admission requirements.
- Coordinate application review and scoring.
- Coordinate interviews.
- Coordinate seat offers.
- Coordinate acceptance letters.
- Manages and meets with fast-track applicants.
- Manage seat deposits.
- Manage didactic-year student background checks.
- Manage didactic-year immunization records.
- Follow-up with applicants who are missing prerequisites.
- Ensure admitted applicants meet all minimum admission standards and requirements at matriculation.
- Oversee pre-matriculation sections of the student file to include immunizations, technical standards, privacy information, and background checks.
- Create student files after all students have accepted and deposited.
- Actively communicates with accepted students on a regular basis.
- Assign faculty mentors to accepted students.
- Block register new cohorts for semester 1.
- Co-organize the new cohort orientation.
- Oversee the assignment of PA Program Student Buddies.
- Work with the Program Director to ensure published website information is up-to-date and compliant with accreditation standards.
- Publish up-to-date cohort statistics.
Accreditation / Program Assessment
- Facilitate the evaluation of the program’s admissions process.
- Surveys students who were offered a seat in the program but did not accept.
- Oversee program compliance with accreditation standards related to program admissions.
- Work with the Standardized Patient Coordinator for interview cases.
- Alumni relationships.
- Maintain a PA Program Alumni Contact List.
- Publish a quarterly PA Program Alumni Newsletter.
- Alumni events, activities, and surveys as requested by the Program Director.
- Partner with the YWCA Racial Justice League to provide training to faculty and students during orientation.
- When faculty are not available, proctor student exams and remediations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Program Director.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The incumbent should have the requirements listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred)
- Two-three years of experience in position with similar responsibilities (preferred)
- Experience with advising students in an educational environment
- Experience with web-based and office-based software
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organization, and marketing skills
- Enthusiastic about working in a collaborative environment
Interested applicants should submit cover letter, resume, references, and salary requirements to:
The University of Charleston is an Equal Opportunity Employer