Ronaldo Victor Ramirez, MPH
- Master of Public Health, West Virginia University (2005)
- B.A. Biology, West Virginia University (1992)
- Gagan Kaushal, Ronaldo Ramirez, Demelash Alambo, Wacharah Taupradist, Krunal Choksi, and Cristian Sirbu, Initial Characterization of D-Cycloserine for Future Formulation Development for Anxiety Disorders. Drug Discoveries & Therapeutics, Volume 5 (2011) Pages 253-260.
- Analysis of Extemporaneously Compounded Dantrolene Sodium Oral Suspension in Clinical Settings Corey Pontier†, Ronaldo Ramirez†, and Gagan Kaushal*,†
- †School of Pharmacy, University of Charleston, Charleston, WV.
- *Jefferson School of Pharmacy, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA.
- J Shawn Jones, Ronaldo V Ramirez, David A. Latif, Richard Stull. “Development of a Required Course in Pharmacogenomics, Epidemiology and Genetics at a New School of Pharmacy”. Proceedings: American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy Annual Meeting, July 19-23, 2008, Chicago, IL.
- Classical pianist
I grew up in Montgomery, West Virginia and attended Valley High School. My undergraduate and Master’s degrees were obtained at West Virginia University. In 1994, I began working with the WV Bureau for Public Health, Office of Laboratory Services as a clinical microbiologist; identifying organisms of both clinical and epidemiological importance.
In 2006, I joined the faculty of the School of Pharmacy; primarily instructed in the laboratory courses of Biochemistry, Immunology and Pharmaceutical Compounding, Currently, I still offer those courses, as well as lecturing in topics involving Infectious Disease, Public Health, Social and Behavioral Health, and Communications.
My residence is in Clendenin, a small town north of Charleston, with my wife and two sons. Both of my sons are involved in sports and with our church.