David L. Haas, Ph.D.
- Ph.D. Chemistry (1984) University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH. Emphasis in Analytical Chemistry.
- M.S. Chemistry (1983) University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH.
- B.S. Science Education (1976) Miami University, Oxford, OH.
- B.A. Zoology (1976) Miami University, Oxford, OH.
Research and Publications
I am interested in the application of analytical chemistry and chemical instrumentation in environmental analysis and the analysis of consumer products. Some recent projects include the following:
- The determination of trace cocaine in US currency using gas chromatography mass spectrometry (GC-MS).
- The determination of trace lead in lipsticks using graphite furnace atomic absorption spectrophotometry (GFAAS).
- The determination of artificial sweeteners in commercial beverages using high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC).
- The determination of caffeine in high energy drinks in commercial beverages using high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC).
- The determination of part-per-billion levels of lead in fish caught in West Virginia waters.
Interests and Hobbies
I perform with and teach the mountain dulcimer at various music festivals across the United States. I have produced 6 dulcimer instructional books, 4 audio CDs, and a popular chord chart. www.davehaasmusic.com
Search for more faculty/staff