Posted: October 2, 2015
Assist the Controller with all financial reporting of the University with specific attention given to internal controls, reconcilements, and proper accounting for non-profit entities. Responsible for preparation of general ledger entries pertaining to reconcilements, fixed assets, sales tax, debt service, etc. Prepare and submit various tax reporting forms. Monitor collections for in-house student accounts.
Essential Functions of the Job
• Prepare, input and maintain transactions and reconcilements relating to various University accounts monthly.
• Complete bank account reconcilements on a daily basis for the main operating account
• Complete bank reconcilements on a monthly basis for all other accounts
• Research and resolve outstanding items on reconcilements.
• Assist Controller in preparing analysis of various accounts
• Monitoring of in-house collections for student accounts, identifying
• student accounts receivable for special collection efforts.
• Prepare entries pertinent to certain federal loan programs
• Prepare and input transactions relating to debt service
• Reconcile and import monthly gift information from the Raisers Edge system.
• Prepare and file 1042S (Foreign Person’s U.S. Source Income Subject to Withholding).
• Coordinate and complete UC credit/purchase cards transaction upload to Datatel.
• Prepare monthly ECSI reconciliation.
• Escheatment Process.
• Submit property tax payments.
• Prepare and submit the West Virginia Sales Tax report monthly.
• Prepare and submit the quarterly City Service Fee report and reconciliation.
• Process the Fixed Asset Capitalization/Depreciation Process
• Update the Daily Cash Report and keep Controller informed of cash position.
• Backup for Accounts Payable Clerk.
• Backup for Payroll direct deposit submission.
• Responsible for E Check submission.
• Other duties as assigned.
Skills / Abilities and Knowledge
• Knowledge of approved accounting procedures.
• Microsoft office product experience (Excel, Access, Word).
• Excellent communication skills for internal and external customers.
Education (level and type)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required.
• Accounting Experience 2 – 4 Years.
Please send cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references to:
University of Charleston
Terri Underhill, Controller
2300 MacCorkle Ave, SE
Charleston, WV 25304-1099
The University of Charleston is an Equal Opportunity Employer.