Posted: December 18, 2014
Assist Controller with the responsibility for all financial reporting of the University with specific attention given to internal controls, reconcilements, and proper accounting for non-profit entities. Responsible for preparation of general ledger entries pertaining to reconcilements, fixed assets, sales tax, etc.
- Maintain reconcilements on asset and liability accounts
- Research all outstanding items and notify responsible areas to make corrections, follow-up with the assistant controller on all outstanding items
- Complete daily and monthly bank account reconciliations
- Update the Daily Cash Report and keep Controller informed of cash position
- Monitor all cashiers’ daily balance sheets and transactions for all campuses
- Assist departments and vice presidents with budget/transaction activity questions
- Process the Fixed Asset Capitalization/Depreciation process
- Import and reconcile monthly gift information from Advancement’s Raisers Edge system
- Complete prepaid reconcilements on a monthly basis
- Prepare and submit the West Virginia Sales Tax report monthly
- Prepare and submit the quarterly City Service Fee report and reconciliation
- Submit property tax payments
- Escheatment Process
- Responsible for E Check submission Various duties relating to yearly University financial audit
- Backup for Accounts Payable Clerk
- Backup for Payroll direct deposit submission
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of approved accounting procedures.
- Microsoft office product experience (Word, Excel).
- Excellent communication skills for internal and external customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting Required.
- Accounting Experience 2-4 Years.
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three references (electronic submissions preferred) to:
The University of Charleston is an equal opportunity employer.