Posted: January 8, 2015
Essential Functions of the Job
- Documentation and initial investigation of all reported crime related incidents, car accidents, personal injuries, industrial or employee accidents, suspicious activity, Homeland Security concerns etc.
- Assist all law enforcement agencies and emergency personnel called upon to assist the university. (Mutual aid agreement in place with local agencies)
- Accurate documentation of all incidents and activity required by the U. S. Dept. of Education for campus crime reporting purposes.
- Routine day and night patrols of all campus property (both foot and vehicle patrols). Special patrols and or extra patrols may also be designated for specific locations based on events and activity.
- Daily lock up and opening of university buildings, designated classrooms and offices.
- Parking and traffic enforcement.
- Extra patrol assignments to deal with large events, crowds and parking concerns.
- Special surveillance assignments as directed.
- Daily visual inspection of grounds and buildings during routine patrol to determine any existing fire hazards, safety issues and immediate maintenance concerns to be reported to Facilities.
- Extra patrol at sporting events with escorts for coaches & referees as required by collegiate rules.
- Courtesy calls to assist people locked out of their car, office, with dead car batteries etc. Note: when officers are tied up on routine security functions, courtesy calls will be addressed if and when officers become available.
- Bank escorts for the university as needed.
- Completion of all mandatory security / law enforcement job related training and other training as required.
- If not certified, - eventual certification with the ASP tactical baton, Pepper Spray, Taser, CPR, AED, Basic First Aid and all required levels of NIMS.
- Other duties as assigned.
Interested applicants send cover letter, resume and contact information for three references to:
University of Charleston
Attn: Chuck Osborne
2300 MacCorkle Avenue SE
Charleston, WV 25304
The University of Charleston is an Equal Opportunity Employer.