Posted: January 7, 2015
Desk Assistant is responsible for working at the front desk of the residence hall to monitor the safety of the residential community. Work hours are Sunday to Thursday nights, 10p.m. to 3a.m.
DUTIES OF DESK ASSISTANT
The main responsibilities of the Desk Assistant include:
- Enforcing the visitation policy
- Verifying resident’s identification cards
- Signing in/ out guests
- Effectively managing the area surrounding the desk
- Maintaining a customer service approach while on duty,
- Maintaining a positive and open communication with residence hall staff and security office
- Ensuring that there is a positive and safe environment
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least one year of customer service experience
To apply send cover letter, resume, application and references to:
Virginia Moore, Assistant Dean of Students
University of Charleston
2300 MacCorkle Avenue, SE
Charleston, WV 25304
The University of Charleston is an Equal Opportunity Employer.