Posted: January 8, 2014
The University of Charleston seeks a certified HVAC Apprentice Technician with some HVAC experience and training to join its Facility Services Team.
Essential Functions of the Position
The Apprentice HVAC Technician in the Facility Service Center is responsible for working within many projects inside the University Community. The HVAC Apprentice Technician will receive work orders and service requests through various modes including face-to-face, voice, and electronic formats. The primary responsibility of this position is working with the kitchen cooling equipment and heating/cooling heat pump package units. This position will also train in maintaining the larger chiller cooling units, as well as boilers located throughout the University campus.
- Should be able to read blue prints
- Should have experience in preventative maintenance procedures
- EPA Certification
- Some experience working on water source kitchen area cooling equipment, ice makers and heat pump systems
- Performs quality control testing & trouble-shooting and has a working knowledge of HVAC system installation.
- Must be a team player and perform well in meeting deadlines
- Willing to work nights/weekends/overtime as projects require
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Mail resumes, references and application to:
University of Charleston
Attn: Cathleen Salmons
2300 MacCorkle Avenue SE
Charleston, WV 25304
The University of Charleston is an Equal Opportunity Employer.