Posted; September 4, 2014
Care for all grounds, trees, exterior components, and landscape. This includes but not limited to mowing, trimming trees and shrubs, trash removal, flower planting and care, maintenance of equipment, lawn care, and weeding. A skill in operating landscape equipment is required. Driving off campus is necessary at times. Overtime work is mandatory at times in order to keep up with the activities and events on campus. Position will be expected to perform basic custodial work and other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
Capable of lifting 40 pounds, work with landscaping equipment, tools, and operate an automobile on and off campus.
All candidates for employment must be able to pass a thorough background check and hold a clear driving record.
A. Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
• Ability to prioritize and organize effectively;
• Ability to communicate effectively with the manager and associates
• Ability to work independently with little supervision;
• Knowledge of general office procedures;
• Flexible, resourceful, willing to learn\cross-train; and
• Must be a team player
• Ability to work in extreme climates
• Ability to operate power equipment
• Other duties as assigned as needed
B. Education and Experience
• High School diploma or GED
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Mail resume, references and application to:
University of Charleston
Attn: Cathleen Salmons
2300 MacCorkle Avenue SE
Charleston, WV 25304
The University of Charleston is an Equal Opportunity Employer