Posted: February 25, 2014
The Development Assistant reports directly to the Director of Development Services and is primarily responsible for data entry as it relates to donor gifts, contacts, and alumni records.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Enter gift details accurately into fundraising software program (Raiser’s Edge) on a daily basis.
- Process daily deposit according to University protocol.
- Process payments for events or purchases relating to office sponsored events.
- Produce proper acknowledgement communications back to donors within 24-hours of receipt of gift.
- Oversee proper filing of all documentation relating to individual gifts, this may include supervising student workers who assist with this task.
- Update contact information for individual constituent records on a daily basis.
- Provide general administrative support to the office including, but not limited to, serving as receptionist, printing name tags, taking RSVPs, confirming catering plans, and preparing packets for events or meetings.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience in administrative support.
- Experience with records management.
- Ability to follow strict protocol and standard operating procedures.
- Comfortable working with daily deadlines.
- Must demonstrate ability to work in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Must be able to work as a team.
- Previous experience with Raiser’s Edge, or related software program, preferred.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter, preferably via email, to:
Ms. Laura Wellstead
University of Charleston
Office of the President
2300 MacCorkle Ave SE
Charleston, WV 25304
The University of Charleston is an Equal Opportunity Employer.