Posted: February 25, 2014
The Assistant Vice President for Development reports directly to the Vice President for University Development and is primarily responsible for major gift fundraising.
- Identify and cultivate donor-prospects for mid-level and major gifts for the University’s identified priorities.
- Build and maintain relationships with important University supporters.
- Orchestrate and host cultivation events for donor-prospects.
- Develop visibility in the greater Charleston community.
- Represent University at social functions to increase the University’s profile to strategic constituent groups.
- Oversee the duties of the Director of Alumni Communications and Annual Gifts.
- Work with the National Alumni Board to identify and cultivate donor-prospects.
- Work with University Builders to identify and cultivate donor-prospects.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Previous fundraising experience preferred.
- If candidate does not have fundraising experience then experience in sales or a similar field is required.
- Candidate must be comfortable working with clearly identified financial and donor contact goals.
- Must demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with event planning and implementation preferred.
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Candidate must work in a team environment.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter, preferably via email, to:
Ms. Laura Wellstead
University of Charleston
Office of the President
2300 MacCorkle Ave SE
Charleston, WV 25304
The University of Charleston is an Equal Opportunity Employer.