Posted: October 30, 2013
DIVISION OF HEALTH SCIENCES - DEPARTMENT OF NURSING - BSN DEGREE NURSING PROGRAM
GENERAL NATURE OF POSITION
Faculty members teach in the university’s outcomes-based courses and assist in the preparation of students for a life of productive work, enlightened living and community involvement.
The faculty will be responsible for implementing didactic and clinical education as assigned by the program chair.
DUTIES OF THE ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF NURSING
Be able and willing to commit and adhere to the policies of the University of Charleston, School of Health Science, and BSN program. A complete job description and duties will be available upon request.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION
• Applicants must possess an unrestricted WV Nursing license,
• Have a graduate degree with a major in nursing.
• Previous experience in medical-surgical nursing is required.
• Previous experience in community health nursing is desired.
• A doctorate degree in nursing or related field is preferred or candidate must express a commitment to pursue a doctorate degree within one year after hire date.
• Previous teaching experience including proficiency in curriculum development, supervision, instruction, student and program assessment, evaluation and advising is desired.
To apply send cover letter, resume, application and references to:
Anita Diaz, Administrative Assistant to the Dean
University of Charleston
2300 MacCorkle Avenue, SE
Charleston, WV 25304
The University of Charleston is an Equal Opportunity Employer.