Posted: March 26, 2015
Office of Student Leadership & Engagement
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for welcoming and
helping students who need assistance with class schedules, residence life,
intramurals, student activities, visa and other questions handled by the Office
of Student Leadership & Engagement
The assistant provides administrative support for the Student Leadership
& Engagement Office, and reports to the Dean of Students. This position requires a friendly attitude,
the ability to work well in a team environment, and exceptional interpersonal
and organizational skills.
- Answering phones, greeting visitors, and acting as
receptionist and triage specialist for the Student Leadership &
- Becoming familiar with the UC Student
Expectations and International Student Handbook, and answering student
questions related to them;
- Reviewing and tracking housing applications
and cancellations, health insurance and immunization records;
- Planning and creating educational or marketing displays;
- Participation in training related to job
duties, including international student visas;
- Paying invoices, securing purchase orders, and reconciling
expenses with department budgets;
- Monitoring inventories and ordering supplies;
- Maintaining accurate, organized, up-to-date files;
- Cleaning and organizing offices, storage closets, and
resource rooms as needed;
- Maintaining calendars and scheduling appointments;
- Working alone or with students or other staff members to
prepare packets and mailings to new and returning students; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED with 3 to 5 years of
experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- College degree preferred.
SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
outgoing and welcoming personality;
with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel,
to learn new concepts and skills;
in administrative support or office management;
to detail, good organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task in a busy office
- Ability to communicate effectively, both
orally and in writing.
- General office environment, business/business casual dress
- Office hours 8:30-5:00 Monday through Friday (37.5 hours per
week) with occasional evenings and weekends
- Work is normally performed in a typical
interior/office work environment.
- No or very limited physical effort required.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to:
Brownlee, Dean of Students
MacCorkle Ave. S.E.
The University of Charleston is an Equal Opportunity Employer.