Upon acceptance to the School of Pharmacy, students are required to participate in and maintain certification in CPR. Periodic recertifications are required and costs associated with the recertification are the responsibility of the student.
Criminal Background Check
The School of Pharmacy requires a criminal background check on its students prior to matriculation and during the third professional year as a condition of participating in any experiential learning experiences. Admission to the School of Pharmacy is conditional pending the results of the background check. Failure (after admission) to comply with required criminal background checks will delay progression or render a candidate unable to complete the professional degree program. The results of the criminal background check will be shared with experiential sites and refusal by a selected site to admit a student pharmacist may delay graduation. Student pharmacists are responsible for the costs of the criminal background check and are required to follow the established procedures for requesting and submitting the results of a criminal background check that are provided upon admission.
Student pharmacists in the School of Pharmacy are required to have and demonstrate proof of health insurance and acceptance into the program is conditional pending proof of insurance. Students are responsible for the cost of their own health insurance and further information can be found in the Student Handbook.
Immunizations and Health Clearance
Student pharmacists admitted to the School of Pharmacy are required to have updated immunization records. Student pharmacists will not be permitted to begin the professional program without providing documentation of completion of required immunization to the Office of Professional and Student Affairs by August 1st of the year of enrollment. Student pharmacists are required to show proof of immunity (titers) or vaccination records and incur all costs for the following immunizations:
- MMR (Measles/Mumps/Rubella)
- PPD (Tuberculosis) – annual test
- Diphtheria/Tetanus/Pertussis – complete series
- Diphtheria/Tetanus/Pertussis –booster within 5 years of entry into the program
- Hepatitis B (3 shot series; at least documentation of 2 shots is required by August 1 of the year of enrollment)
- Varicella (Chickenpox) vaccine
- Meningococcal meningitis. If you live in university housing, you must provide documentation of your immunity to meningococcal meningitis. You must meet this requirement by providing documentation that you have received an immunization for meningococcal meningitis within one year prior to your move-in date for your current housing contract.
In addition to the immunization requirements, a general health clearance for an entering student pharmacist is required.