The Master of Business Administration & Leadership (MBAL) is a sixteen-month program for full-time students who hold a bachelor's degree. Information about the MBAL Scholars Program for undergraduate students or students entering college can be found at http://www.ucwv.edu/BizUC.
The MBAL program is open to all individuals with a bachelor's degree, and to transferring juniors and seniors who have had at least three years of business study. Undergraduate transfers would fast track into the MBA program.
The MBAL Scholars Program is for selected University of Charleston freshmen studying business.
International Study Practicum
An international study practicum is required in the summer prior to the start of the second year. Typically students will be abroad during the months of June and/or July.
Our classes are small, allowing for individual attention and significant access to faculty and staff. Students work in teams on problem-based projects, and also participate in many additional activities around business topics.
Learning involves a problem-based approach in the classroom, coupled with experiential education involving unique structured and specialized internships with area businesses, non-profit organizations, and government.
At the conclusion of the MBAL course of study, the graduate will demonstrate the ability to:
- Adapt and innovate to solve problems, to cope with unforeseen events, and to manage in unpredictable environments;
- Communicate effectively in business situations – verbally, in writing, and in a team setting;
- Translate ethical values into business practice;
- Function in a global setting;
- Analyze and think creatively;
- Synthesize leading edge concepts and practical experience to lead others and facilitate change; and
- Apply a full range of business theories to workplace and community situations.