Greetings from the Transitions Program!
We are very excited you will be joining the UC community this fall and I am looking forward to meeting you at Transfer Student Orientation. This year's theme is “Start Something That Matters.” Before you come to campus, please read the book by that name, written by Blake Mycoskie, the founder of TOMS Shoes. It is available online or in most local bookstores and I think you will enjoy it.
We have created a program that will help you learn more about UC, make new friends, interact with faculty and staff, earn academic credit, and hopefully start something that matters!
Below is important information about orientation. Carefully read over this and if you have any questions, please call the Office of Student Life at 304-357-4745.
This orientation program is in addition to the Summer Orientation and Registration (SOAR) and is mandatory for all new students. You will begin to earn academic credit for University 203 and it is imperative that you attend all sessions and workshops.
Athletic coaches have arranged practice times around the orientation schedule to eliminate scheduling conflicts. Please review the Transfer Student schedule and the UC website for details. Here are the highlights:
Friday, August 23:
- 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. – Check-in in the Riggleman Hall Rotunda
- Bring your UC ID card, or if you don’t have one, we’ll make it for you that day.
- Register online for a parking permit or to submit a parking waiver before you come.
- 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. – New student move-in for students living on campus
- 8 p.m. - Mexican Fiesta on Brotherton Hall lawn. All students welcome! Come eat great food and meet new friends and faculty! All students are welcome to attend this event.
Saturday - Sunday, August 23 – 24: Mandatory orientation for all new students. For details, see the Transfer Student schedule.
If you have any questions, please contact me at email@example.com or 304-357-4743 or the Office of Student Life, at 304-357-4745. We are excited to begin your academic journey with you this year!
First Year/Transitions Program