The most important step in financing your education is filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You can apply online at www.fafsa.ed.gov or call 800-4-FED-AID (800-433-3243). Only by completing FAFSA can you apply for loans, scholarships, grants issued through the federal government.
- FAFSA application. Use this online application for most types of federal student aid. Complete FAFSA before March 1 to be considered for the maximum amount. Late completion can cause delays in processing and may limit the financial aid received.
University of Charleston School Code 003818
- FAFSA4caster. Helps high school students and their families by providing an early estimate of their eligibility for federal student aid.
When you fill out the FAFSA application, you will need the following information:
- Previous Federal Income Tax Returns and other tax information, including W-2 statements for the:
- Student’s spouse (if married)
- Student’s parents (if the student is dependent)
- Student’s Social Security Number (and parents’ Social Security Numbers if the student is dependent)
- Driver’s license number (or Alien Registration Number if the student is not a U.S. citizen)
- Current financial information for the student and for the parents if the student is dependent — for:
- Business and farm assets