- Give online. Make an immediate gift to UC for the Annual Fund, the Sports & Fitness Center, or other gift initiatives. Giving online is secure and easy. You can use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover credit card.
- Gift and Estate Planning.
- Gifts of Cash. Gifts may be made by cash, check, credit card, or monthly electronic fund transfer.
- Check. Check should be made payable to “University of Charleston” — and if designated to a particular program, write the designation on the memo line of your check. Please mail to the address below.
- Credit Card Payment. Gifts may be made with MasterCard, Visa, American Express, or Discover credit cards.
- Gifts of Appreciated Property. Stocks, bonds, or mutual funds make outstanding gifts to the University. Gifts of appreciated securities have the advantage of capturing the appreciation with no capital gains tax being paid by the donor. Donors can deduct the full fair market value of donated stock, while paying no income tax on any appreciation in value.
- Give for the Future. Consider planned or future giving with bequests, gifts of life insurance and retirement plans, gift annuities, or charitable trusts.
The University of Charleston is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization and gifts are deductible to the extent provided by state and federal tax laws.