Posted; June 16, 2014
Care for building interiors, stairwells and entrances. This includes but is not limited to vacuuming carpet, cleaning rest rooms, trash removal, and window cleaning and dusting. A skill in floor maintenance (stripping and waxing) is a plus. Overtime work is mandatory at times to order to keep up with the activities and events on campus. Position will be expected to perform basic grounds work and other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
- Capable of lifting 40 pounds
- Work with automated equipment
- Operate an automobile on and off campus
All candidates for employment must be able to pass a thorough background check and hold a clear driving record.
A. Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively;
- Ability to communicate effectively with the manager and associates
- Ability to work independently with little supervision;
- Knowledge of general office procedures;
- Flexible, resourceful, willing to learn\cross-train; and
- Must be a team player.
B. Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED
University of Charleston
Attn: Cathleen Salmons
2300 MacCorkle Avenue SE
Charleston, WV 25304
The University of Charleston is an Equal Opportunity Employer.