The mission of the University of Charleston is to educate each student for a life of productive work, enlightened living, and community involvement.
Advising integrates student learning experiences with the broader mission of the University and prepares them for life beyond graduation. Academic advising done properly enhances the educational climate for students and positively impacts recruitment, retention and graduation efforts.
- Engages students
- Builds student-faculty collaborations
- Helps students fulfill university graduation outcomes
- Establishes learning goals and strategies to achieve them
- Integrates curricular and co-curricular experiences
- Stimulates exploration outside the major field
- Assures graduation in a timely fashion, and
- Prepares students for graduate study and/or employment
The documents below are intended as resources for advisors.