Posted: July 21, 2014
The University of Charleston is seeking a Vice President for Marketing. The Vice President will orchestrate the university’s marketing and communications efforts and, particularly, will be expected to lead the university into the world of digital marketing. This is a senior level executive position reporting directly to the President. The Vice President for Marketing supports the mission of the university by overseeing marketing, research, and both internal and external communications that endorse and promote the university’s programs.
The University of Charleston is a dynamic private institution with a learner-centric, outcomes-focused philosophy. It is a diverse and changing institution located in the state capital. There are some 2,000 students in 34 undergraduate majors, a graduate School of Pharmacy as well as graduate programs in business, leadership, and physician assistant. The university sponsors 18 intercollegiate sports and just last year expanded to two new campuses and online education.
Essential Functions of the Position
- Develop and implement strategic marketing plans with an emphasis on digital marketing
- Oversee brand development and management to achieve market dominance and build brand equity
- Develop and execute recruiting strategies in consort with the admissions department
- Develop and execute friend-raising strategies in consort with the development office
- Conduct market research and competitive analysis to ensure proper university positioning
- Serve as the chief communications officer for the university
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field required
- Three years of job-related experience
- Advanced understanding of digital marketing and other marketing tools (e.g., email, web, big data, etc.)
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Ability to manage programs and projects
Salary commensurate with experience and expertise. Review of applicants will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, CV, and three references (including contact information) to:
of the President
MacCorkle Ave SE
University of Charleston is an Equal Opportunity Employer.