Posted: December 18, 2013
Resident Director is responsible for all aspects of the residential community in Ratrie Hall.
DUTIES OF RESIDENT DIRECTOR
This includes hiring/recruiting, training, and supervising staff and student leaders; implementing intentional programming in the Residence Hall and abroad that coincides with the Residence Life Learning Outcomes model of programming; and developing meaningful relationships with students, staff, administration, and faculty to help carry out the missions of the Department of Residence Life, the Office of Student Life, and the University of Charleston.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least one year of paraprofessional or professional residence life experience
- Admitted into a fulltime graduate studies program
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Live in position with furnished one bedroom apartment located in residence hall (all utilities included).
- $8300.00 salary/11 month contract
- Meal plan
- Tuition waiver for fulltime graduate program at an accredited college or university of your choosing
- Option to receive UC Health Benefit plan (health, vision, and dental included)
To apply send cover letter, resume, application and references to:
Virginia Moore, Assistant Dean of Students
University of Charleston
2300 MacCorkle Avenue, SE
Charleston, WV 25304
The University of Charleston is an Equal Opportunity Employer.