Posted: October 9, 2013
University of Charleston - Beckley, WV
for all grounds, trees, exterior components, and landscape. This includes but
not limited to mowing, trimming trees and shrubs, trash removal, flower
planting and care, weeding and snow removal. A skill in operating landscape
equipment is required. Driving off campus is necessary at times. Overtime work
is mandatory at times to order to keep up with the activities and events on
campus. Position will be expected to perform basic custodial work and other
duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE
Capable of lifting 40 pounds, work with automated
equipment, and operate an automobile on and off campus.
All candidates for employment must be able to pass a thorough background
check and hold a clear driving record.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
Education and Experience
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively;
- Ability to communicate effectively with the manager and associates
- Ability to work independently with little supervision;
- Knowledge of general office procedures;
- Flexible, resourceful, willing to learn\cross-train; and
- Must be a team player
- Ability to work in extreme climates
- Ability to operate power equipment
- Other duties as assigned as needed
- High School diploma or GED
Applications will be
accepted until the position is filled. Mail resumes, references and applications
University of Charleston
Attn: Helen Farley
108 Riley Street
Beckley, WV 25801
The University of Charleston is an Equal Opportunity Employer.