What is a TEAS exam?
The Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS Test) is a standardized, multiple choice exam for students entering into nursing school. It is often used to determine the ability of potential students to adjust to a nursing program. The test is created and administered by ATI (Assessment Technologies Institute, LLC).
When can I take a TEAS exam?
The TEAS exam will be offered at the Charleston and Beckley location. For a full listing of specific dates and times at both locations see the registration site.
How do I register for a TEAS exam?
Click here to register for a TEAS exam. The exam date must be scheduled at least one day in advance.
How much does it cost to take a TEAS exam?
The base cost of the TEAS exam is $45 (effective July 1) and is paid via debit or credit card directly to ATI the day of the exam. For non-University of Charleston students there is a proctoring fee of $25 in addition to the cost of the exam. This is paid through the registration site when you sign-up to take the exam.
Additional information about the TEAS exam
- All test takers must create a Username and Password on the ATI website prior to their exam date and time. You can do this on the ATI website. You will not have time to do this when you arrive. Please be sure to do this prior. www.atitesting.com (Click on Create an Account on the left hand side of the page)
- Bring a debit or credit card to the exam. You will need to enter payment information for the test on the ATI website before taking the exam. The exam is $45 and paid directly on the ATI website.
- All test takers must present a valid picture id upon arrival.
- Time Limit for the TEAS exam is 209 minutes.
- The test is four-option multiple-choice with 170 total questions.
- Calculators may NOT be used for the test.
- Test results are immediate and may be printed and taken with you.
- Students may use scrap paper for the exam. Paper to write on will be provided in the exam room.
- In our experience, students are most successful when they prepare for the exam. ATI has a preparation materials for sale at: https://www.atitesting.com/Solutions/PreNursingSchool/TEAS.aspx