What is a TEAS exam?
The Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS Test) is a standardized, multiple choice exam for students entering into nursing school. It is often used to determine the ability of potential students to adjust to a nursing program. The test is created and administered by ATI (Assessment Technologies Institute, LLC).
When can I take a TEAS exam?
The TEAS exam will be offered on the Charleston campus on Monday evenings from 6-9:30pm and Friday mornings from 8-11:30am during the academic school year. For a full listing of specific dates see the registration site.
How do I register for a TEAS exam?
Click here to register for a TEAS exam. The exam date must be scheduled at least one day in advance.
How much does it cost to take a TEAS exam?
The base cost of the TEAS exam is $40 and is paid via debit or credit card directly to ATI the day of the exam. For non-University of Charleston students there is a proctoring fee of $25 in addition to the cost of the exam. This is paid through the registration site when you sign-up to take the exam.
Additional information about the TEAS exam
- Time Limit for the TEAS exam is 209 minutes.
- The test is four-option multiple-choice with 170 total questions.
- Calculators may NOT be used for the test.
- Test results are immediate and may be printed and taken with you.
- Students may use scrap paper for the exam. Paper to write on will be provided in the exam room.