March 26, 2012
If you would like to change your plain Word document into an eye-catching winner, use Themes to add decorative styles, such as fonts, colors and effects.
- Click on the Page Layout tab, and then on the tiny arrow below “Themes” in the Themes group.
- From here you can select the basic color scheme. If you already have added titles, headings, subtitles, etc. via the Styles buttons, you will see these change to the colors of the theme over which you are hovering.
- For more drastic changes to Styles, click on the Home tab, then go over to the Styles group.
- Click on the tiny arrow beneath Change Styles, and then choose Style Sets.
- As you hover over different Style sets in the list, your document will change.
- When you find the one you like, lock it in by clicking on it.
- You will also be able to change the color of the effects, fonts, and paragraph spacing in the Change Styles box.